Monday, January 3, 2011

Crickets------Chirp Chirp

Today I bought a box of crickets from PJ'S PETS for my science project (the termites are not coming along so I had to switch to crickets). I chose a box containing fifty three-week-old crickets and they all looked healthy. In fact, they looked too healthy: fat legs, googly eyes and well...fat bodies! Uh, it was kinda gross, holding the crickets, even though they were in a container. There were some dead ones too...but it was only like, what, two of them? So the rest of the crickets were good and lively. While I was waiting for the bus, I grew worried: what if they become too chilly and die? So I put the container in a bag so that the wind could be kept out. When I got home I quickly took the container out and put it under the light. Oh no, all the crickets looked...dead. I began to panic, but quickly calmed down at the sight of a cricket stirring. Soon all of them (except the two dead ones) became lively again under the light (because of the heat?). Hmm...looks like I can still perform my experiment tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment