Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Frankfurt

I am in Frankfurt am Main, Germany right nao! Our flight lasted for like almost 10 hours. We flew across Canada and omg the view was amazing down below because as we went up north there were more land covered in snow. Some large bodies of water were frozen too. It was really really cool. There were frost-starfishes on the window.

Anyway, it's like 10:37 ish at night in Frankfurt right now. I had a wonderful day here. First we arrived at the air port really early in the morning and asked our way to the shuttlebus. We then took the shuttle bus down to terminal 1. Then we took the train all the way to Central station, or the Hauptbahnhof train station. Frankfurt's train purchasing system is a lot like the ones we have in Vancouver. You just have to select the place you wanna go and choose the type of ticket you wanna purchase (example: a one-way ticket). Anyway,the train was really old-fashioned, with loud sliding doors and weird knobs. The seats were comfy though.

We got to Central station after 2 stops. Geez, the train station is really really old, with cathedral-like structures and such. Our hotel is right across the train station because tomorrow we have to go with this tourist group we signed up for and we are suppose to meet near the parking lot just the opposite side of the train station. So we´ve picked a good location for our hotel. I was really jet-legged when I got to our room and I just slept. Like, I should not have done that because that would just mess up my natural time clock...but oh what the heck. I woke up at about 7 something and we went to the train station again to get some dinner. There are a lot of stores at the train station. I got Burger King because I was sooooooo hungry but at the end it tasted really really bad. My mom, on the other hand, got traditional spaghetti and brezel ( a fish-shaped bread thingy). Next time I am gonna try some local food instead of junk food. ö

Sigh.... :o)

I am really looking forward to tomorrow. I think we are gonna go to Cologne and Münich...and some other places in Germany as well. But I gotta sleep nao.Meow.

No comments:

Post a Comment