Friday, July 22, 2011

Thank you, Mr. Sale

I can´t upload the pictures I´ve taken along my Mediterranean trip now but I can still write about what I did today. We are staying in Barcelona for two days. Barcelona is really really cool. We visited the Sagrada Familia, a cathedral designed by a famous architect called Gaudi. It is still not finished. It looked different from all the other churches and cathedrals I´ve visited. The roof looked like drippin´wax and there were colorful fruit sculptures on top of the towers. We didn´t have the time to go inside the cathedral because the lineup was soooooo long. So then we went to this mountain top and saw this old castle from the 16th century. I love castles. Well I forgot the name of the castle (it´s on this brochure but I don´t have it with me rite nao). It was used as a jail a long time ago by the French people but the Spanish ppl managed to recapture it later. There was a moat but there was no water in it. Instead it served as a garden. There were four little towers on each end of the castle wall. We climbed onto the top of the castle and there were four more little watch towers. I got in one of then. The watch tower was small, with three narrow windows for lookouts and the archer. It.was.so.amazing. Mr. Sale taught us about castles last term and I am so lucky to see them in real life. ME GUSTA.

No comments:

Post a Comment