Monday, August 8, 2011

Franz Schubert

So today I did some background research on Franz Schubert cuz I am playing his Impromptu in E Flat Major. If I want to play his music well first I have to learn about him, the composer, right? Well, I read about his childhood, adulthood, death, composing styles and stuff. I know this is kinda, well, out of the topic, but did you know Schubert was nicknamed "Little Mushroom" by his friends? And he did not own a piano (because he was too poor) so he had to borrow his friend's. One day he suddenly had the urge to play the piano, but when he got to his friend's house, another person (not his friend) was already playing it. So he left quietly, and as his friend observed, he sobbed in his bed like a little child. I feel so sorry for him. I mean he was SUCH a brilliant artist, but he was so poor and died at the age of 31. Oh geez. But his pieces are absolutely wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment