Friday, August 5, 2011

Slug Day

It rained SO HARD this afternoon. Oh geez the clouds just gathered together and cried. Well the rain didn't last very long. I took a walk with my grandparents after a delicious curry potato dinner. I wanted to pick more wild strawberries. You know that a lot of worms and slugs come out after the rain right? Well they are not exactly my grandma's favorite animals. My wild strawberry spot is on this mud hill and wild shrubs grow crazy over there. So I saw a lot of slugs. They didn't look so attractive to me. We have yellow banana slugs in Vancouver which look so cute right? Well here I can only find brownish or blackish poo-like slugs (ewwwwww). Some of them were curled up on dandelion stems nomming the leaves and stuff. Hhahahaha. I only picked three wild strawberries and I didn't even eat them because I was kinda scared that the slugs might've licked them already. Or so my grandma said.

No comments:

Post a Comment