Saturday, April 21, 2012

Western Public Speaking Competition

I just came home from the Western Public Speaking Competition held at Collingwood school! Oh my, what an exciting day I had! I think our school was one of the two public schools (the other one being Port Moody Secondary) entered in this competition (among a bunch of other private schools: WPGA, Little Flower, Crofton, York House, St. George, St. John, Collingwood, Oak Bay) We had five rounds in total: 2 persuasive rounds, 2 interpretive reading rounds and 1 impromptu round. I was a bit nervous for the impromptu round, but at end when I got the result I actually did okay! I was in the top ten for Junior's impromptu round. Then other rounds I was being really enthusiastic, well----maybe TOO enthusiastic and expressive! Lolz. Again, the private school ppl sweeped the trophies and awards, but that's okay! I think I did great today! I had soooo much fun and it was actually easier than debate because you can just stand up and deliver a speech! The girl from WPGA named Samantha Starkey-----she is really really good! She took the Junior trophy! Congrats Samantha! I was in a round with her and she was just amazing! Overall, I had tonnes of fun and this is an unforgettable experience. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment