Monday, October 10, 2011

Teh Big Turkey

Our turkey finally defrosted. I have to marinate it now with thyme butter and oil! Tonight we are gonna have an epic feast with potato wedges, corns, yummy turkey with gravy sauce/cranberry sauce, turkey stuffing, pumpkin pie and root beer. Lolololz. This Thanksgiving my mom has given me total responsibility over the preparation for the turkey dinner.

This afternoon I finished cleaning the turkey and marinating it with salt and butter and oil (not so healthy eh). I put it in the oven around 4:30. Then I moved onto the stuffings. I chopped parsley and onion and celery. That was basically all the ingredients for the stuffing which require manual work (except the chicken broth, but I can make it later just with boiling water and stock mix). Then I made cranberry sauce and while I was cleaning out a jam jar for it, I almost burnt the whole sauce. Although the sauce tastes a little bit burnt (just a little bit), but it's still good to eat!

The turkey took me at least three hours to cook...but it was worth the waiting. When it was finally done, the skin was so crispy and golden.

The turkey dinner was awesome. I had stuffing, corn, potato wedges with gravy and turkey with cranberry sauce. It was an epic meal. Now I shall eat all the leftovers from the huge turkey for a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment