Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Debate!

We finally did our English debate this afternoon! It was really fun----except that I think I should've done better. I was expecting a lot more from myself. Switching from cross-examination back to basic parliamentary is kinda weird...but anyways, at the begining I was a bit nervous because Vivian L and Joanna had modeled the resolution a bit differently than we had thought. So a large portion of my research was kinda invalid :/ but I said what I've got and elaborated a bit. There was one question that Vivian asked during my refutation and we were fussing over it. Both sides were kinda misunderstanding other's point so I was like "meheheheheh whatever". But the whole debate was fine and probably one of the most intense ones in the class. We were so happy after the debate and Celinna, Vivian, Joanna and I did a big hug-together. I think we should do debates more often. And btw, for the debate meeting this afternoon, Mr. Hauck decided to use our resolution and we all played a really fun debate game :p

No comments:

Post a Comment