Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The UBC Debate Tournament is Near

We are going to the UBC Debate Tournament on Friday! I am gonna leave the school at 2:30pm on Friday and go to UBC with the rest of the teams! I am sooo excited, since it will be my first actual debate tournament of the year!

Today I was a bit nervous about the judges because my team didn't have ANY judges. My parents are not free and I didn't think I would get other people. I asked Jason Mah (my partner for debate) and he couldn't think of anyone either. Mr. Hauck had said "If you don't have a judge, you may not even get to debate at the tournament!" But then I saw that Rosy and Vivian had two judges (we only need to have one judge per team), so I borrowed a judge from them. Thank you Rosy and Vivian! I luv you guise <3

Now I have to prepare for the tournament! I have to do a tonne of research with Jason. We are doing the cross-examination style for junior debate and I want to fulfill my time and do a good job for my first debate tournment!

No comments:

Post a Comment