Sunday, November 13, 2011

Piano Master Class

This afternoon I went to this master class for piano. My master teacher was Dr. Robert Silverman. I brought three pieces with me today: Aufschwung by Schumann, Arabesque 1 by Debussy and Variation in A Minor by Kabalevsky. There was another kid whose class was before mine but we have the same piano teacher. Well anyways, I stayed for his class so I could get a preview of what my class was gonna be like. Dr. Silverman was such a great mentor! He was so into the details and it was just amazing watching he teach. When it was finally my turn I was so nervou because I was gonna play for a great pianist. My music was a bit shaky....:/ After I finished playing he spoke to me about some details in the music I'd played and he was really concentrated on the details of the pieces. I learned a LOT from his class. He made me realize that I should pay MORE attention to small details in the music pieces. He said something like: "The composer didn't put that note down for no reason. It's there because it matters" Anyways, I was completely WOWED. It was a really worthy class and it really opened my eyes. Mr. Silverman also said something:" Don't think about how you've played today. Think about WHAT YOU HAVE LEARNED TODAY." Wow.

Here's Dr. Silverman's website. His playing is really amazing and you must check them out!
http://www.robertsilverman.ca/?mpage=home

Be sure to click on the "HEAR" section to hear some of his awesome recordings!

No comments:

Post a Comment