Sunday, March 6, 2011

I Had To Clean My Crickets' Container This Morning After Breakfast

My crickets' container had gotten really dirty because I never cleaned it. So this morning after breakfast I decided to clean it. It really stank. Ewwwwwww. So first I got this glass container (like the one I gave to Mr. Olson) and put all the LIVE crickets in it (there were 11 of them I think the rest either DIED/GIVEN AWAY/ RAN AWAY). Then I dumped everything else into a bag and omg it smelled really bad. It was filled with cricket poo dead carcasses and some other stuff I don't wanna mention here. The water tissue broke into pieces and got brownish stain on it so it actually looked like mud. I was surprised when my crickets actually LIKED this kinda environment (they were kinda annoyed when I got them into a clean container). So I washed the container by pouring hot water on it and flushed everything in the toilet. It was absolutely DISGUSTING but kinda fun. It got really clean and neat so I wiped it dry with a paper towel. Everything was nice. Then I wiped the cardboard divider clean and put it in the container and secured it into its place. Then I made this little foil container and put a soaked paper towel into it as the crickets' drinking water. Then I put some cricket feed into one section of the container and a slide of golden delicious apple into the other section. When all of these were finished I put all the crickets back. They were kinda scared at first because it was like a "new" environment for them but after a while they just got used to it and began chirping again. REALLY LOUD. I think they like their clean container. This is the first time for me to feed them apple but I think it works because I've seen one of my friends feeding apple to her crickets and they actually ate it like a lot. I plan to clean their container one every two weeks to keep them healthy and chirping.:P

No comments:

Post a Comment