Monday, May 28, 2012

Concert

GAHHHHAHAHHAH FINALLLY FINISHED LE CONCERT!!!!!! It was so fun! This afternoon before the big concert I had to go to the salon to get my hair done. It was soo cool because I got my hair curled (temporarily) and made into a pretty hair-do! OMG..0.oThen I had to do makeups so I don't look too horrid. It was like them drawing on my face. My teacher was like "apply fake eyelashes" and I had that as well, and it was my first time putting on fake eyelashes. They felt soooo weird at first, but eventually I got used to them. After putting my gown on and all that, we headed to the Roy Barnett Hall at UBC.

The concert started at 7:00 pm, but we had to get there around 5:00pm for our dress rehearsal. The symphony orchestra would work with us to first play a small excerpt from our concertos so we could test the piano and see if everything's alright. We all went backstage when the audience started filling in the seats. I was the seventh and the last before the intermission. I was a little bit nervous, but that was alright once I got to the piano. I got really really excited and hyper when I was playing, but I think I did great! It was a very wonderful opportunity to be able to work with the symphony orchestra and I was absolutely thrilled....and a bit tired as well after the performance. It is now very late, so I shall get to sleep nao. Talk to ya tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment