Sunday, April 17, 2011

OMG SUN RUN!!!!!!!

SO TODAY WAS THE BIG DAY FOR SUN RUN!!! I was soooo excited this morning. I got up like at seven and left at 7:30. By the time I reached Langara Canada Line Station it was already eight o'clock and I met up with Aileen. We chatted for a while but then Leslie and Olivia's screams brought our conversation to an end. Apparently they've been there for half-an-hour already. We immediately hopped on the train with April and got to our racing site. There were bridges of balloons and we found the white balloon bridge and stayed in that section. We met up with Natasha and Vivian Chew and waited for quite a while until the race started. It was extremely warm because people were basically huddled together (it was so crowded!) We accidentally got into the green zone when it was time for them to run, and Leslie and Olivia got away.

Well, our chips on our shoes started timing once we crossed the line. We buddied up with each other so we wouldn't get lost in a sea of people. Natasha ran with Vivian while I ran with April. But then April got too tired and slowed down. Soon she disappeared outta my sight and I ran with Natasha and Vivian. We stayed together for the entire race. There were several water stops along the way and there was one bagel stop. I made a mistake by eating the bagels and drinking too much cold water. The food started arguing with my stomach and I got a tiny cramp. But it eventually went away. We jogged along the beaches and stuff and the scenery was just beautiful. It was sunny and not too cold.I've never seen anything like this before. Tonnes of people running together. There were many bands and perfomers and people who cheered for us while we ran. It really raised our spirits.

While we ran, we crossed this bridge. I am not sure which one. Anyway, we stopped at a pit stop for a long time for everybody to finish. Fang Yu joined us so we had four people! To make up for the time we'd lost, we ran for 2 km at a rather fast pace. My feet started to hurt at the end.

The last km everybody just RAN. No. Actually, we kinda SPRINTED. I got lazy but still managed to catch up with my pals. Our time was about an hour and thirty minutes. If we minus 15 minutes for the potty stop we would've gotten an hour and 15 minutes. But oh well, the important thing is that we had lots and lots of fun along the way. It was my first Vancouver Sun Run and it was definitely a very memorable event.

After the run we got juice, chocolate milk, energy bar, fruits and bagels at the food area thingy. Arrrrrrgghghhggh soooo yummy. I just wanna say thank you to all the people who helped out with the sun run. You guys did an amazing job and we really appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment