Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I Don't....Get It

So today I ran for the debate club's secretary and internal vice president. I didn't get the positions, but it was a very good practice, and I also learned some valuable lessons. I was a little bit pissed off at some of the results of the election though. I had no trouble with me losing, because the guy who won the secretary position was very nice, and his speech was very creative "the perfect hands that shall write down everything". Sharon won the internal vice president, and she had many supporters from the previous Synergy 9 class, which is pre-IB right now. But at the beginning we had the grade 8 rep first. I had my eye on this kid name Ramie (I am not sure how to spell her name). I thought her speech was wholesome, and she was being really really sincere about this job. I voted for her, but unfortunately she didn't win the position. Another girl named Tiffany won the position because she said "I make awesome sandwiches so vote for me" that was it. To be honest with you I don't really think she cared about this job...she wasn't really serious about it. But I guess she was sorta like the popularity queen there, so a lot of people voted for her. I didn't think that was fair. I wanted someone who is actually sincere about this job.

Anyways, some people won the position because of their popularity. A lot of the voters didn't care about the speeches...they just voted for popularity. For external vice president this girl named Jessica won the position and I think she deserves it, because her speech was really good, and she definitely has a lot of experience (I saw her from last year. She's probably in grade 12 now). For president, Gavin from Pre-IB and Demi from grade 12 both won the position. Their speeches were good too.

I think everyone is a winner in this election. I've also learned a lot about some candidates. I really appreciate a number of them because I can tell from their sincerity. That's what really matters to me. Sincerity.

Next year I will definitely come out again and run for positions. By then I'll obviously have more experience and more supporters. This is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment