Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Recycling Club

This afternoon me, Celinna and Leslie joined the recycling club! This is like the second club I've joined in Churchill. Anyways, I rushed to Celinna's locker right after French to make sure that she didn't forget to stay. Turned out she just came out from PE. Hahahahah. We hurried to Ms. Fowler's room and expected that she would be there (cuz she's like the one who funds and supports the recycling club), but she wasn't, so we went to the cafeteria because a girl said she would be there. She wasn't there, so I was getting a bit nervous. Luckily some of my friends were there too, and they said that Ms. Fowler would come back because she was just going away to get some containers for the recycling stuff. When she came back she told us to go to Mr. Olson's room to put on some gloves. I was really really excited :p

After all the recycling bin had been brought in, we started sorting things out. The plastic bottles had to be put in a container; the juice boxes had to be put in another container, and so on...some of the bottles/cans/juice boxes still had liquid in them, so we had to pour that out in a big bin. It started to smell really stinky and sour as we poured more and more spoiled liquid into the bin. I was being so careful not to get splashed or anything, because that would be bad. Heheheh. When we finished sorting things out, we dumped them by categories into huge garbage bags and carried them into this garage thing right beside Mr. Olson's room.

There were a lot of people helping out with the recycling. Although we had a huge load of recyclable stuff, we still had no problem sorting them out and get them recycled. We all worked super fast under perfect cooperation----that's what I call SYNERGY!

Now that I've formally signed up for recycling club, I'm gonna come out every Wednesday with my friends to do some recycling!

No comments:

Post a Comment