Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Another Run!

Today I had another run around Langara Park just to make sure that I am ready for the PE test tomorrow. My legs felt really sore from my trip to White Rock (I walked on pebbles for 1 km along the shore, ouch), but I ran anyway. My target was to lower my timing from 20 minutes to 15 minutes, and I knew that I would have to run faster if I have to accomplish this goal. When I started out my run, my legs didn't feel sore. I went a little bit faster than usual, but my breath became heavy as I approached the tennis court. I was half way around the park and that was when I have reached my "limit". It's not my actual limit, but I could just feel the pain in my legs starting to build up and my sides starting to hurt. Oh boy, I just wanted to stop and walk for a few minutes, but a voice inside my head said, no. I knew that if I stop, I would feel much better, but it would be hard for me to start running again because my body just wouldn't be able to handle it. I kept on jogging, but soon after I have reached my "limit", I didn't feel tired anymore, so I knew that I have surpassed my "limit". My run ended with a timing of 16 minutes. It was close enough to my goal, and I think I am ready for the big PE test tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment