Saturday, September 18, 2010

My Trip to Granville Island

Today my mom and I went to Granville Island to spend the afternoon together. There are lots of cool artifacts and art products there, also with numerous galleries, so we decided to take a tour around the island. We took Canada Line to Olympic Village Station, hopped on the 084 bus and arrived at our destination after three stops. We went in almost every shops on the island, exploring new things as we walked. There was this awesome silk weaving workshop where all the silk products are hand- made. In the shop there was a container full of mulberry leaves and silkworm cocoons. It was odd that the cocoons were green instead of white, but they were still very beautiful. We also visited a canoe workshop, where I chatted with the old artist who owns the shop. There are still many workshops and stores for us to discover, and next time I visit this island, I will find out all the secrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment