Saturday, September 25, 2010

A Day in White Rock

The weather was really nice today so I took my mom to White Rock with me. Before we went, I researched online and found the most suitable bus route for us and packed fruits and sandwiches for lunch. We prepared an exact bottle of water just in case. First we took Canada Line to Bridgeport Station, then we switched to bus 351. The bus was nicely air-conditioned, so even though it was hot outside, we still felt cool inside the bus. After about 40 minutes we were in White Rock, so we got off the bus. This was my second time to White Rock, so I kinda remembered where the famous west beach is. There were many antique shops and thrift stores and nice little cafes along the street, and we also found this awesome art gallery that my mom took an interest on. It wasn't long until we have reached the beach. The tide was out so people were walking on tiny sand dunes and looking for shells. I spotted a six-legged purple starfish sunning itself on the beach (or probably it was just a dead one), and a red jellyfish trapped in a tide pool. While I was trying to build a rock statue, I discovered lots of tiny crabs under the rocks, and they went scattering around when I flipped their" roof" upside down. The tide came in about noon, and the sand dunes were totally swallowed up. I was so tired that when we finally hopped on the bus, I dosed off to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment