Monday, September 27, 2010

Udon---Hmmmm

I have never tried Udon before, and I have heard that it is absolutely delicious, so today my mom bought me some frozen Udon to cook for dinner. She has no experience of cooking Udon, so she simply guesses how to cook it. I suggested her to put some mushrooms and Chinese cabbage in it, because these two are my favorite veggies to put in soups (the mushrooms are not veggies, though. They are fungus). As soon as the Udon was done,  I picked up my chopsticks and helped myself to some Udon, but it didn't taste as good as I thought it would be. The Udon noodle itself was tasteless, even though the soup was salty. I am not very sure if this is how they cook Udon in Japan (Well, I guess they probably don't cook it this way), and I am not sure if it will make a pleasant dish which we will enjoy very much. We still have four packages of frozen Udon in our fridge, so I guess my mom will experiment with them until she finds the right recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment