Sunday, September 26, 2010

I LOVE PAINTING!

Today I finally got a chance to paint my "unfinished" kitchen still lives. I am still in training stage, so I had to paint according to my model painting. This painting features a pot, a dish of fish, and some veggies and fruits. The background is salmon pink and the tablecloth is part sienna and part snow-white. Last time I only had the time to sketch out the structure of these object, but today I was able to edit them and put gouache paint on them. I started with the background, because they are usually the easiest to paint and they cover a lot of the painting, then I moved on to the pot. The pot was slightly crooked so it took me some time to readjust it.
The color of the pot was hard to mix, too, because I have to be able to make colours which will resemble the steely surface of the pot. The Chinese cabbage wasn't as hard as the pot, but I still had some trouble trying to paint the stems with colors which are good enough to separate them visually from the leaves. I worked on the painting for about four hours, and I was still not finished. I think I will be able to finish it next time and frame it. It sure was lovely to look at, and it makes me very proud of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment