Saturday, June 11, 2011

DRAAGGGGGOONNNNNNNS Everywhere

Today me and my mom *my mom and I* went to the False Creek area beside Science World to see the Dragon Boat Race. There were so many different teams! All the dragon boats hada little dragon at the front of the boat and a drum at the back. The competitors were of different ages. Some teams were even made of old seniors! They looked really really fit though. First the boats left the dock, then they rowed it to the other end of the racing water, and then that's where the race started. With the loud blow of a horn the people rowed with their mighty arms. People were cheering and screaming. The teams rowed under a steady rhythm and they actually went pretty fast. Those people are beasts~~~We watched several races and switched to different places for different views. At the end we even got to this tiny island and watched the last race there. The last race was the most memorable. All of the racers in the last race were made of women from the Breast Cancer Foundation. They were raising money by doing the dragon boat race. Their spirits were high and the race was incredible. I really enjoyed the dragon boat race, and I think I will see it again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment