Thursday, June 16, 2011

Stanley Cup Afterthoughts

Yesterday we LOST big time to the Boston Bruins. They've got the cup now. But I think they deserved it. They've worked hard to achieve this goal. It was really awesome when they all huddled together at the end and cheered and cried and wooted. I felt great for them. I am not a Canucks fan nor a Bruins fan, so no taking sides here. The crowd still saluted the Canucks. After all, they did get to the final round of the Stanley Cup.

But the downtown riot wasn't really neccessary. I read from one of my friend's blog that nine Bruins fans actually died from the riot. It just outrages me. It's just a GAME! GOSH! My friend Asma said that her older brother went to downtown and watched the game but at the end the place was a mess because people started to burn stuff and breaking into stores and such. My dad's friend said he could see the flames (he lives in North Vancouver). I mean seriously?! This is just ridiculous. I remember meeting an old man in the elevator and he said that he was afraid that the Canucks might not win and that might cause chaos, just like it did in 1994.Geez. IT'S JUST A GAME, PEOPLE! WHY THE HECK DO YOU START A RIOT?!

No comments:

Post a Comment