Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Interesting Dinner Conversation

So today my family had dinner with an old lady on the third floor named Esther. She is a really nice person and I like her a lot. She is Jewish and a vegetarian so when we took her to this Chinese restaurant we ordered mostly vegetarian dishes. Esther was really talkative and we talked about worldly topics. She was really into talking about her Jewish background and Muslim terrorists and stuff like that. Those topics really attracted me. She really knows a lot of historical stuff! She has her own opinion to everything. I like having conversation with older people because they tend to know better and have deep philosophy. It's also very interesting to talk to people with different cultural and religious background because you get new info and see how other people think about things. She reminds me of all the Australian and American friends I have back in China. Back then we used to sit in my dad's friend Geoff from Australia's bar and just talk about whatever comes to our mind. Oh yeah, I remember last year we talked to this old grandpa at the bus stop and he told us about his life from his teenage years to his later life and how he traveled to different countries and witnessed wars and stuff. Talking to different people really broadens my knowledge. I think communication is really important, especially between different cultures and such.

No comments:

Post a Comment