Saturday, December 25, 2010

Mmmm Cranberry Sauce

Today I made some cranberry sauce. It's all home-made and organic! Hahahaha. Yesterday I bought a bag of cranberries, hoping that I could eat them like a snack (fresh cranberries weeeee), but then they tastes so sour and it was almost impossible to consume them like fresh fruit.So I decided to make cranberry sauce with them. There was a recipe on the back of the bag, so I followed it and made a jar of delicious cranberry sauce. I had 1cup of water, 1 cup of sugar and 3 cups of cranberries (that's basically the whole bag). First I boiled the sugar and the water together for 5 minutes, then added cranberries to the mixture and switched to a gentle boil. I waited for about 5 minutes till the skin of the cranberries popped. The mixture soon became red and I removed the saucepan from heat. I left it there to cool off, and the jam was all sticky when it was cool. After I poured the sauce into a glass container, I also licked the saucepan clean. Mmmmmm. Nothing says joy like my home-made cranberry sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment