Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A New Pet?

Today I got a new "pet". No, it's not a dog nor a cat. It's definitely not a goldfish (man I just hate them. I have already killed about 4 of them and 11 tropical fish when I was little)! Well, this little animal I am taking care of is actually a ladybug. Cute, isn't it? Well my mom found it this afternoon. This little guy fell from the window when my mom opened it. At first I thought it was dead, because its legs were not moving. My mom told me to be patient with it, and after 5 minutes of waiting, it finally moved one of its toes (not legs)! It was alive!!!!!! I quickly brought it to a lamp and turned on the light, and the ladybug was shocked by the light and the heat that its whole body flipped over and started moving!  I panicked because I thought it was going to fly, but it didn't. I found this container and put the ladybug in. I also put in a piece of lettuce and some shredded paper so that the ladybug could be comfortable. Then I sprayed a little water onto the wall of the container, and closed the lid on the container (I poked holes on the lid so that the little guy could breathe). I put the container not far away from the lamp so that the little guy could stay nice and warm. Ahhhhh...I just love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment