Saturday, October 16, 2010

Awesome Day at White Rock

You wouldn't believe what I did today! I went to White Rock again, but this time, with two friends, and we didn't go to the west beach where the big white rock is. Instead, we went to the Semiahmoo First Nation Reservation east of the west beach! It was beautiful, but we didn't go deep in the reservation, so we circle at the front near a river which ran under the bridge which links the road to the reservation. The river was small, and it was salt water and fresh water combined. You need a written permission to fish in it, since it's the river for the first nation people. We left the reservation shortly after because my friends were hungry and tired, so we went to a little restaurant with a nice ocean view near the beach. I ordered wild mushroom and Alfredo pasta, but when I was half way through it, I felt kinda sick due to my react to dairy products, so I traded my lunch with my dad's fries. After lunch it was still early, so one of my friends suggested that we go to Crescent Beach. We hopped on bus 357 (I think) and reached our destination in about 20 minutes. The beach stretched for about a mile and the water very very clear yet some part of it was filled with eel grass. Man, it was gorgeous. People were crab fishing on the deck, and I saw a pair of teenagers with 3 crabs already in their bucket. We kept on walking until we have reached the end of the sandy shore. When we left White Rock, the weather was still nice and we still got lots of time left until sunset, but I was so exhausted that I dozed off to sleep as quickly as I could on the bus heading for Vancouver.

No comments:

Post a Comment