Thursday, October 14, 2010

Langara College's 40TH Anniversary

Do you know that today was Langara College's 40th anniversary? Well, a party was held at the college and everybody was welcome to join. My mom and I went there, and we had lots of fun. There were free hot dogs, pop corns, cotton candy and drinks. I was lucky enough to get a goody bag, which contains three Langara College brochure, a highlighter, a pen and a note pad. I was going to get some food, but when I realized how long the line ups were, I gave up my idea, so we toured around inside the college building. First we popped in a designing workshop, and the beautiful displays of dresses we saw------they were amazing! And you know what else is cool? These dresses were made of gift bags and paper wraps! It was so fascinating! As we walked towards where the pop corns were, we saw little booths from the science department. There were displays related to electricity, biology, and technology. At the biology booth there was this aquarium which contained various sea creatures of many sizes, such as starfish, sea sponge and urchins. The booth next to it stood a lady with a bug on the back of her hand. I came closer to have a better look. It was a cockroach! "Would you like to hold it, dear?" She asked. "Sure!" I replied, so she carefully transported the cockroach onto the back of my hand. It felt kinda ticklish, and it made my skin crawl. I had to ask the lady to take it off. It was pretty fun. Unfortunately, the party had to end at 7:00, so we left after another small tour on the the second floor of the building. I wonder if there will be another party next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment