Saturday, October 30, 2010

Still Working...on My Science Project

This week I finally got my proposal back! Now it's time to take action. Last time I visited several websites to find the ones I want as good suppliers for my experiment. I went on numerous gardening website to find chives, marigolds, catnip and mint, while other website which specializes in lab supplies for my termites. However, there's a problem. All of these stuff have to be delivered from the United States! I mean, shipping is fine, but because I am importing live animals, I must apply for the Canadian Department of Agriculture for permission to import my termites. Now that's a bit of problem, but it says on the website that I only need to fill out a form and the application will be done in three days. Meanwhile, I worked on the construction of the containers. I am not that satisfied with the store-brought containers, so I decided to DIY them myself. Each contain will require 5 piece of foam board, 4 pieces of translucent plastic cover and some crazy glue. I can simply get them at a dollar store in order to decrease the cost for my experiment. I am quite satisfied with the topic I chose, because it's a real challenge for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment