Sunday, October 3, 2010

Tunas!

Have you ever tried the fruit of a cactus? Well, I have, and it does not taste bad at all! Today I saw some tunas( fruits from a cactus plant) in the supermarket and I thought maybe I could try some to see what they taste like, so I bought a box containing three tunas. The skin of a tuna is green when it's almost ripe, and red when it's completely ripe. I was being extra careful when I was skinning a tuna, because even though the skin looked completely smooth and not prickly at all, you never know when there's a little thorn sticking out somewhere on the tunas. I put an oven glove on my left hand while holding the knife on the other hand, and quickly peeled the tunas skin clean. The flesh of the fruit was an amazing color of purple and it looked so delicious that I couldn't help but to take a big bite at it. As my teeth dug in the fruit, purple juice oozed out, giving me a taste which I could never describe. There were lots of black little seeds in the center of the tunas, but I swallowed them anyway. Tunas is a nice fruit that you should give a little try on. Who knows? You might like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment