Friday, October 8, 2010

Friday----Sigh~~~

Today is Friday and we were lucky to get a break from school due to District Closure Day. However, I was not able to enjoy the whole day to myself. I had to finish a painting that was suppose to be finished a week ago. I usually have a lot of work to do on week days, so I would do most of my paintings on the weekend and holidays. So today here I was, in the bathroom, painting. I had to paint in the bathroom, because other than that and our kitchen, the whole suite is covered with carpet, and my gouache paint is very hard to wash off once it gets on the carpet. The painting was almost done, I just needed to add a few more details to it and perfect it. I didn't like mixing gray colors. The gray is always the hardest to mix in all colors, because in order to make the right kind of gray you want, you have to blend various colors to it. I needed a lot of different colors of gray for the pot in my painting, so that took a long time for me to finish. The other hard thing to paint is the cabbage. Who knew there were so many colors of green in it! Light green, lemon green, dark green, grayish green...you name it. After 5 hours of painting, I was able to perfect it to the way I wanted it to be. Oh well, there goes my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment