Monday, October 11, 2010

Horseshoe Bay

This morning was really sunny so my whole family decided to go to Horseshoe Bay in West Vancouver. I was the trip planner as usual. We went on Canada Line and got off at Vancouver City Centre, then got on bus 257. Uh-oh, the sky was getting dark. It started to rain when we got on the Lions Gate Bridge, and I was really worried about our trip. After about 40 minutes on the bus, we finally arrived at our destination: Horseshoe Bay Park, and sure enough, it was pouring rain. I only had a thin sweater on me and my teeth shattered as chills ran down my spine. I searched my backpack for an umbrella, and found nothing but food! The rain was getting heavier and heavier so we hid under the trees. I suddenly remembered that my friend once told me I could find sand dollars on the beach of Horseshoe Bay, so I walked down the muddy shore with hope to find some beautiful shells, and I never did find one. My parents just couldn't take it anymore. We quickly hopped on the next bus and returned to Vancouver.

No comments:

Post a Comment