Saturday, October 2, 2010

My Trip to Cleveland Dam Fish Hatchery

The weather was really nice today so I took my mom and her friend to Cleveland Dam fish hatchery in North Vancouver. I planned out the trip on the previous day, so we had no trouble getting to our destination. The hatchery is located at the edge of a canyon surrounded by tall fir trees. The trails were curvy and some of them were really steep. stream of water flowed at the edge of the trail and mushrooms grew wildly on dead woods. I took many pictures with my favorite mushrooms. Soon after about 10 minutes, we arrived at the hatchery. The hatchery aquarium is underground so you can see salmons swimming their way up the current. There were some cool displays at the hatchery as well. There wasn't much to see other than the salmons, so we decided to take a hike to Cleveland Dam which was not far away from the hatchery. When we finally reached the top of the stair way, a beautiful sight appeared before us: a shimmering lake as shiny as a mirror, white clouds floating on top of green mountains and the sky with an amazing color of blue. Roses and berry bushes grew along side of the hill and everything was just WONDERFUL. It was my first time to see something this beautiful, and I am glad that I chose the right spot for this weekend's trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment