Saturday, October 9, 2010

Thanksgiving Shopping

Thanksgiving is on Monday and but we have decided to invite a friend over for turkey dinner on Sunday. Today me and my dad went to Safeway to buy ourselves a nice frozen turkey and other ingredients to prepare a turkey dinner. I bought bread crumbs, raisins, butter, poulet seasonings and chicken broth to make the stuffing, and a meat thermometer for the turkey's temperature while we bake it. I also purchased a measuring cup. We didn't need a very big turkey, so my dad chose this turkey which is less than 7kg (Heavy!) When we had everything we need purchased, I ran to the fresh produce aisle and bought two boxes of raspberries because I haven't tried them in two years. The raspberries turned out to be very nasty and I truly regret choosing them. Tomorrow we are going to marinate the turkey with butter and spices, and prepare the stuffing. However, we are not going to stuff the stuffing inside the turkey's stomach, because it kinda turns my appetite down when I see a turkey with stuffing oozing out of its bum (Gross), so we are going to bake them separately. Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that we also bought a beautiful pumpkin pie for our Thanksgiving dessert tomorrow. Right now I am just drooling at. Man, temptation sure is hard to control!

No comments:

Post a Comment