Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Clay Work

Every Tuesday I would go to 4Cats Studio and make art projects. It's a very fun class, but there's only two people in the class not including the teacher: Me and another 12 year-old boy, John. Last week we have just finished our Tom Thompson painting, and today we moved on to Michelangelo. Today we did a clay sculpture of a human's upper body. The clay was really mushy and has a rather ugly grayish color. It kinda felt like Play-do, but a little bit harder. I sculpted an old man with a French hat and googly eyes and red peppers for hair. The head was going to fall off when I finished the sculpture, but our teacher Sam helped me to adjust the position of the head. It turned out really cool, and my old man sculpture looked really funny, and that's exactly what I wanted. I also liked John's project, and  I think his is funnier than mine and more creative. However, there's only one thing all the sculptures didn't have except mine------a beard! I added the extra beard because I thought it would make my sculpture look more realistic and aged, and it kinda worked. I really enjoyed this Michelangelo class, but unfortunately, it ended at 7:00. Next time we are going to work on charcoal drawing of our self-portraits, and I can't wait till next week's 4Cats class with Sam and John.

No comments:

Post a Comment