Thursday, November 11, 2010

Such a Relaxing Day for Reading

Today is Remembrance Day and we have no school, so I slept until it was 9:00 in the morning. The weather was not that nice outside: a little bit of rain plus gray clouds plus cold temperature, and it just made me more sleepy. After finishing up my homework I was left with nothing to do------until I saw my books. Books! I can still read! I quickly picked up a book called The Alchemist, and started reading on the page where I left it on. Time went past by slowly and when I have finished The Alchemist, I moved onto another book called Anil's Ghost. It was quite a good way to kill some time------ and I quite enjoyed the tense atmosphere the book gave me. Shortly after I have finished my afternoon snack (I call it the Consumer's Time), I started reading again. When I read, I feel like I was watching a movie. I couldn't stop. It was almost impossible to take my eyes off the page. I kept on reading and reading as the whole afternoon went by. I seem to have lost track of time while I was reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment