Saturday, November 6, 2010

It's Skating Time

Today my friends and I went to Sunset skating rink and skated there. I haven't skated for about five months, so I was a little bit worried that I might lose my balance on the ice. But when I put my skates on and tried to walk around, it wasn't bad. Then I tried it on the ice, and I did better than I thought. I immediately got the feeling of skating back and became as good as I used to be five months ago. I bended my knees, feeling the skates gliding on the smooth ice underneath. It felt really good. Although the temperature in the ice rink was really low, I didn't feel cold. I could feel the wind passing by as I skated faster and faster. When I got familiarized with skating again, I tried crossovers, and I did it without losing my balance. I looped around the rink and tried different skating tricks I have learned last winter. I skated for about an hour and a half and soon felt tired. When I stepped out of the rink I felt really sweaty, and my legs were sore. But skating was fun, and I really enjoyed it. I think that I will go again maybe next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment