Friday, November 5, 2010

Watermania

Our trip to Watermania in Richmond today was fantastic. It was my first time going there and I was already very excited on the bus. I was a little bit worried, though, because I could not swim very well. After we changed into our swimming suit, my friends and I headed to the Wave Pool. One of my friends could not swim very well too so we stuck together. The others went in to the deep water area where only people with swimming skills above level 5 could swim in. The Wave Pool wasn't deep. In fact, it was kinda shallow, and crowded as well. The deepest part of the Wave Pool was about 1.75 metres. Me and my friends grabbed onto lifesavers and when the waves started, we began to float freely on top of the water. It was really cool, because it felt like I was in a raft or something. Then we went to the water slide for more fun. There were two water slides: a red one and a blue one. The red one doesn't have a cover on it and it has less twists and turns, so it was less scary than the blue one. I tried the red one first, and I went down the slide so fast and into a pool. I got choked by the water because I was not realizing that I was about to drop into a pool. Having learned my lesson, I went again and tried the blue one. The blue one was kinda exciting. It has many twists and turns, and it has a cover on, so it was kinda dark. I glided down the long tube and into the water again, and didn't get as much water I used to get in my mouth in the pool. After all these excitement we went back to the Wave Pool again, where we spent the rest of the time off swimming and floating on lifesavers. It was a really fun afternoon, and me and my friends really enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment