Thursday, November 4, 2010

A Nice Solution

Finally! I found a way to buy termites WITHOUT having to get a permission from the Canadian Department of Agriculture! Today when I was visiting my friend Melanie, I asked her where I could get live bugs for pet food. Melanie owns a scorpion and a tarantula herself, and she always buys crickets for her pets. She introduced me to a pet shop called PJ's Pets. She said that it has lot of live pet food such as meal worms, crickets and other bugs. Then I asked about if I could get termites from the shop. She said that I could probably get them, but I better contact the shop first to see if the termites are available. I was so relieved to get this information. I have been searching for DAYS to find live termites for my science project. First I found a website which specializes in lab tools, and I was lucky enough to find live termites for sale on the website. The sad part was that the termites could only be delivered in the US territory, and I would have to apply for a permission from our country's Agriculture Department in order to import the termites. But now it looks like I don't have to go over so much trouble, for PJ's Pets is only located in Richmond near Canada Line, which is not really far away. I think I will go have a look on Sunday and hopefully get what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment