Sunday, November 7, 2010

I Passed Out

Can you believe it? I passed out today while doing a choir rehearsal at my church! It was only a temporary pass out but the people in the church still got freaked out and I was carried off in an ambulance. It was weird------ we were standing on the stage singing for our Christmas Program, and then I suddenly feel my stomach turning, and my vision became blurry and my legs were wobbling. I staggered forward and then swung backward, and I could hear my friend Harmony saying "Are you okay" to me, but then I collapsed. There was a moment of black-out which I didn't remember what happened to me, but then a few seconds later I regained consciousness and I saw my mom, calling out my name. I thought I was hallucinating, because I could only see my mom's face and not other people's. "Mom" I called out, and then felt really sick again. Oh boy, I felt like throwing up that moment. I was immediately being transported to the washroom, but I didn't puke. When I was starting to feel better the ambulance arrived and the paramedic people came to make sure I was okay. They asked me questions and gave me some test like measuring my blood pressure. When answering their questions I tried to focus, but my vision shifted even though I tried so hard to get them into focus. Later I had to go to the children's hospital where I had other tests to ensure that I have no problem at all. It was a rush, but I could still remember what happened during the incident. It sure was an exciting afternoon. This was my first time passing out, and it felt so unrealistic! When the doctor had finished examining me, he said the reason why I passed out is because my body is growing and the blood couldn't reach my brain in a certain amount of time and that resulted in the fainting. Oh, I hope that it will never happen again. That was enough for a lifetime experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment